Do you understand the importance of every piece of information in the patient demographic entry form? How essential do you think it is for claim payments? Well, rethink again before submitting your claims with improper patient demographic entry. Accurate entry of these details can show great impact on revenue and reimbursement of the healthcare professionals as well as the medical billing companies. Let’s learn about the importance of outsourcing patient demographic entry in this article.
Patient Demographic Entry Elaborated:
- Getting in to the details, an error free patient demographic entry offers accurate data for claim submission.
- Updating as much data as possible and available, without any errors, will also improve the reliance of the insurance company on the medical billing company.
- Earlier, it was never so flexible and easy to record and manage the vast amount of data associated to healthcare.
- Well-equipped and trained medical billing professionals can get these claims sent to the insurance companies much faster than ever before.
- Accurate data entry process is performed to the maximum extent in order to ensure that the claims are processed on time escaping denials and rejections.
- Here’s where outsourcing patient demographic entry to medical billing companies ensures better accuracy and lower costs for healthcare professionals.
- Hospitals and healthcare organizations provide information in the form of client file, patient demographic file, and charge ticket or sheet.
- Expert medical billing technicians capture the complete details and charges making use of various billing software.
- According to the requirements of medical billing companies or healthcare facilities, these experts also do multispecialty charge entry, file secondary insurance, and offer follow up on the various unpaid and denied claims.
Patient demographic entry services offered by outsourced medical billing companies:
- The teams of medical billing and coding companies come with experts who are proficient with accurate data entry.
- A global patient demographics entry services company can perform in-depth review of patient information and the supporting documents supplied by the patient.
- It uses advanced software suites that are capable of automating the charge entry procedure. They are able to assure the complete accuracy of the information that is digitized onto the billing system.
- Few services include:
- Use of secure FTP servers to complete the upload process
- Checklist based approach to identify any missing patient information
- QA parameters to keep patient demographics audit ready at all times
- Workflows based on the internal billing guidelines as per agreement with the client
Patient Demographic Entry:
- Medical billing companies prepare the patient information received by them from your in-house team and upload them onto the medical billing system.
- They also adopt second set of information verification steps where they scrutinize the patient account for the accuracy of information such as patient insurance provider, major diagnosis, critical health conditions and blood type.
- The services include:
- Customized workflows to flag errors in patient information
- A detailed review of patient insurance policy to verify eligibility of patient for a particular treatment
- Multi-Specialty charge entry process
- Follow up on various denied and unpaid claims
- Use of robust high performance medical billing systems
Medical History File Creation:
- The experts and specialists in patient demographics entry services company, aid in the creation of patient medical history files. The services will ensure that all the submitted claims are substantiated with the appropriate supporting information.
- The services include:
- Collection, validation and review of patient medical history information
- Compilation of the supplied information in the right format for maintenance, review and audit purposes
- Medical record indexing and electronic health record maintenance
- They perform an in-depth scrutiny of the patient’s health insurance policy to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the patient’s eligibility to receive specific treatments.
- The insurance validation service has been designed to drastically bring down the rate of claim denials in your medical practice.
- The services include:
- Review of patient insurance clauses
- Documentation of eligible medical procedures
- Creation of files containing substantive information about patient treatment for the claims process
Patient demographic process:
- Receipt of Patient Data: They receive files containing all the vital information of the patient such as name, gender, contact information and social security number from the client. They use secure FTP servers to ensure complete data privacy.
- Creation of Patient Account: They categorize the demographics by creating individual patient accounts. All of this information can be accessed by doctors seamlessly by keying in their login credentials.
- Validation of Information: They adopt a multi-tier information validation system and software suites with process automation capabilities. Medical billing companies adopt a no compromise approach to information validation to ensure 100% accuracy.
- Upload of Patient Information onto Billing System: Medical billing companies route the digitized patient information onto the billing systems to furnish them alongside the details of the treatment with the CPT codes. The complete profile of the patient is recorded and prepared for claims submission.
- Insurance Information Entry: The insurance information of the patient, including the amount and medical procedures they are eligible for, are uploaded onto the patient account. With this they complete the demographics data entry process.
Why outsourcing is a good choice?
- An experienced team of medical billing and coding experts with extensive experience in HIPAA compliant billing process.
- 100% patient information accuracy and security with data backup.
- Use of the latest medical billing software suites according to the needs of the client.
- Multiple global delivery centers to deliver the patient demographics entry services.
- Highly scalable services with flexibility to suit the needs and the workload of clients.
- 100% accuracy in the entry and maintenance of patient information.
- 24/7 support model with QA parameters to deliver high quality service.
- Reduction in operational costs compared to handling data entry with an in house model.
These patient demographics are batched together at the healthcare professional’s office and are forwarded to billing companies for patient demographics entry.
For better understanding, each of the information found in patient demographics have been classified into five major headings. They are:
- Patient Information
- Patient Employer Information
- Patient Guarantor Information
- Physician Information
- Insurance Information
To outsource patient demographic entry, do approach best medical billing companies that serve you good. For more articles related to outsourcing companies, please subscribe to our blog. Do write us in the comment section for queries and suggestions on healthcare.