Anesthesia Billing Services
Specialty Coding Services
Anesthesia Billing and Coding
Anesthesiology is concerned with the complete perioperative treatment of patients prior to, throughout, and following the operation. The primary focus of the specialty is the safe support of essential functions during the perioperative period by the administration of anesthesia and anesthetics.
The capacity of an anesthesiology service to produce and collect income is a key factor in determining its success. Several levels of anesthesia professionals play a crucial part in comprehending the patient’s medical history and current problems. A skilled and educated revenue cycle staff, specialty-specific billing software, and compliant billing procedures are necessary for successful anesthetic billing. Anesthesia billing and coding can become complicated as it requires documentation of a high number of records like pre-operative review, anesthesia sheet comprising multiple documentation of different aspects, and post-operative review. The ever-changing billing norms are kept abreast by our seasoned professionals who in turn work towards lowering the denials and aid in better focus for delivering patient care.
Some of the anesthesia billing and coding services we cater are:
- Topical infiltration
- Local anesthesia
- Metacarpal/Metatarsal/Digital blocks
- Regional anesthesia
- Peripheral Nerve Blocks
- Epidural or Spinal Anesthesia
- Monitored Anesthesia Care
Steps we follow in Anesthesia Billing and Coding:
- Eligibility verification and demographic verification are carried out to check the benefits covered for the claimant by the payer. All procedures are carried out in accordance with the set guidelines and processes.
- Our team of coders and charge entry experts procure patient data, anesthetist information, hospital data, and invoices and make sure the procedures and diagnoses are coded and charged according to the CPT, HCPCS procedure and supply codes, and ICD-CM diagnosis coding as per CMS guidelines.
- Data is checked for any errors and is authenticated, clarifications if any are provided by the provider. An explanation of Benefits is provided stating the full break of what the payer is reimbursing.
- Prior to submitting any claims to the insurance company, we make sure they adhere to all regulations and are HIPAA compliant. Our quality check teams check for inconsistencies, make sure the codes are consistent, and conduct a quality audit.
- A thorough documentation check is performed, and the proper details are corrected, if the claims are returned due to errors. A final claim submission is made to the payer for reimbursement.
Services we do:
- Eligibility Verification and Prior Authorization: Our comprehensive eligibility and prior authorization services are provided with precision and by expert professionals following a systematic approach to amp up the collection and reimbursement rates with patient satisfaction. Prior authorization requests are ensured are prepared in payer-specific formats and are followed up in a timely manner.
- Credentialing and enrollment: With the use of our credentialing services, we review the available provider information to ensure the accuracy of enrollment applications and register the provider for different types of EDI transactions. We take care of the paperwork, current hospital privileges, attestation, staying up to date with compliance, and setting up alerts to notify you when you are required to re-enroll.
- Coding and billing: We consistently take care of the complex and high-volume billing requirements of anesthetists, hospitals, and CRNAs. As an anesthesia billing and coding services company our staff is well-versed in both general ICD codes and those that apply only to anesthesia. To ensure that the submitted bills are complete and precise and to ensure full payment for the service, we make sure there are no billing errors, and no information flow gaps.
- AR Follow-up and Denial Management: The effectiveness of your A/R follow-up determines your cash flow, and we understand the situations where claims pile up due to ineffective A/R clearance. Denial of claims calls for an immediate open investigation of the submitted claims for the errors and rectifications as needed within a reasonable turnaround time. Our services involve in-depth analysis and focus on improved collections to reduce costs and effective delivery of care.
- Claims submission and reporting: The anesthesiology claims submission process confronts the complications involved and ensures that timely reimbursements are made by filing clean claims. Our teams proactively address the chronic errors to stop landing into mounting denials.
Schedule a discussion
Lets connect to discuss about your revenue cycle optimization